Carlo Sand Blow Rainbow Beach
Carlo Sand Blow Rainbow Beach offers spectacular 360 degree views of the colored sands, Double Island Point, Tin Can Bay and the Great Sandy Straits.
Carlo Sand Blow
Carlo Sand Blow is a unique moonscape sand mass which covers several hectares.
It is said that Carlo Sand Blow is named after one of Captain Cook's deck crew.
Carlo Sand Blow has spectacular views and is a must visit while staying in Rainbow Beach.
Carlo Sand Blow is a great place to photograph, especially the sunrise and sunset.
During the day you may get the opportunity to take some great photographs of the hang gliders doing their thing.
How To Get To Carlo Sand Blow
To get to Carlo Sand Blow, you will need to drive to the reservoir at the top of Cooloola Drive.
You will need to walk a short distance through the woodlands to reach Carlo Sand Blow.
Some of the features of Carlo Sand Blow!
- Great spot to watch the sunrise and sunset
- To the East are magnificent views of the ocean
- To the South-East is Double Island Point and the cliffs of colored sand
- To the North are views of Inskip point and Fraser Island
- To the West are views of Tin Can Bay and the Great Sandy Strait
- Great spot to explore and photograph
Hang Gliders at Carlo Sand Blow
When the conditions are right, you will see hang gliders taking off and landing at Carlo Sand Blow.
The natural thermal drifts of Carlo Sand Blow give the adrenalin seekers an opportunity to enjoy this natural landscape from the sky.